Some may have noticed the downtime last night – well it was planned…sort of.

Last night I started working on moving the site over to the new internet connection.  (I’m curious as to whether or not anyone outside notices the speed difference)

When I realized (as I should have before) that moving the default gateway from the old router to the new would affect *EVERY* website and that I couldn’t do it gracefully one at a time, I made the decision to go ahead and make the DNS changes to get off the Dynamic DNS service over to the fixed IP’s.

It took almost 12 hours for the changes to full propegate because not only was I changing the DNS entries, I was changing DNS servers from to Network Solutions.

I apologize for the downtime, but the upside is that the most painful part of this is done, now I can start with the rest of the upgrades.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.